An existential awareness of the human condition, displaying a visceral underbelly of society and our conscious inadequacies-
My painting style is a combination of representational imagery and juxtaposed abstracted forms suspended in irregular harmony.
Whether its sharp realism or distorted reality, I try to convey a subtle satirical commentary alongside a raw visceral assertion of society and modern culture.
Im particularly interested in the emotional state of mind within the current technologically obsessed world we live in, expressing a tug of war between the two. My subjects usually include portraits, landscapes, interior spaces and distorted figures in abstract spaces.
The dialogue between the abstract swatches and representation in my images are a response to the disparity of our human emotional needs in the current fast-paced, technological age.
The themes I’m mainly interested in are to do with society, culture and philosophy, as all of my work heavily reflects on these themes. If my subject matter changes, the congruence of the dialogue with the viewer does not.
All my work, whether expressive or realist depicts an inner angst where the common theme is revolved around ideas of isolation, conscious inadequacies and most importantly the mental conflicts and pressures of an individual living in the 21st Century.
2019 – The Guildford Arts, Clyde & Co Summer Exhibition, Guildford, Surrey /Aug 10th – Nov 9th
– The TALP Open Art Competition, Patchings Art Centre, Calverton, Nottinghamshire /July 11th – Aug 11th
– The Artists of the Year 2019 Prize, Mall Galleries, London
2018 – The Art Gemini Prize 2018 Exhibition, Menier Gallery, London
– ArtDepot Open Exhibition, Apthrop Gallery, London
– APPArt Open Exhibition, Godalming, Surrey
2017 – The SWAc Academy Open Exhibition, Exeter Castle, Exeter
– Open Exhibition Light, Space & Time Gallery,
– Landscape Exhibition, Light, Space & Time Gallery,
– Portraiture Exhibition, Light, Space & Time Gallery,
2014 – The New English Art Club, Mall Galleries, London,
– Repre Art Collective, Tugboat Tea Company, Brooklyn, New York
– Gallery Squared Leamington Exhibition, Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
2013 – The Winter Exhibition, The Bank, Suffolk
– Gallery Squared Emerging British Artists Exhibition, Stratford-upon Avon
– Repre Art Collective, DegreeArt Gallery, London
– The Cork Street Open Exhibition, The Gallery in Cork Street, Mayfair, London
– Dazed and Refused Group Exhibition, Bethnal Green, London
– Repre Art Collective, Silwex Studios, Shoreditch, London
2012 – Repre Art Collective, St Martin-in-the-fields, London
– The Surrey Open Art Exhibition, The Lightbox, Woking, Surrey
2011 – The Parallax AF 2011, La Galleria, Royal Opera Arcade, London
– Candid Arts Contemporary Arts Fair, Angel Islington, London